Not just repurposing, but BEING repurposed......" if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation: the old has gone, the new has come." ~~ 2 Corinthians 5:17



Friday, April 23, 2010

Croquet Set Project #3

I'm still making projects from the croquet set I got for free off of Craigslist. This is simply a cute and easy way to display photos using vintage croquet balls.


I used three of the four I had left because things look better grouped in odd numbers, and I DO need 1 of them for my last project.


All you need to do is cut a slit in the croquet ball for a place to hold a photo.


I used this coping saw to do the job. I generally prefer power tools, but for this project the coping saw (needed a really thin blade) was the way to go and it really wasn't too difficult.


I used this wooden ring for the base so the croquet balls wouldn't roll. I painted it white and used epoxy to adhere it underneath. A button with an indentation would also do the job.



Here's a closer view of the finished croquet ball photo holder. Ta-Dah!
Now if you're keeping track, I still have 1 croquet mallet and 1 croquet ball left -- I have the perfect plan for them. Stay tuned.
Midge
I'm linking this up to Donna's Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

9 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fantastic repurposing job! That's very creative...turned out great! Thanks for the inspiration!

Nancy

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

great repurpose! and... so glad you used that coping saw to make the slit!
very cute and colorful! Can't wait to see what's next!
gail

Cassie Bustamante said...

midge- these are fabulous!!! what a great idea! would also work well just for little notes, or recipe cards while you cook! you are so smart!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Love this, Midge- I am inspired by the croquet projects!

Riverwood Primitives said...

Awesome! I would love to have one of those!

Debbi@Tattered Butterfly Studio said...

I love the Croquet balls photo set! So cute!

kanishk said...

That's very creative!
indian classified site

happyreagan77 said...

hey just came across this inspiring blog today! haha! i googled "trash to treasure croquet set" and your blog showed up! :) i just found a croquet set on the side of the road today! who would throw one of those out?!?! there are so many things you can do with it! and now i have discovered even more! thanks for the tips! :) i love your purpose in protecting God's creation by reusing things people have thrown out! :)

croquet set said...

Nice posting of vintage croquet set. Improvised croquet ball and use as a picture handler makes it so cute and useful. It is really true that having a good quality croquet set makes it last for years.