Not just repurposing, but BEING repurposed......" if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation: the old has gone, the new has come." ~~ 2 Corinthians 5:17



Friday, April 23, 2010

Croquet Set Project #3

I'm still making projects from the croquet set I got for free off of Craigslist. This is simply a cute and easy way to display photos using vintage croquet balls.


I used three of the four I had left because things look better grouped in odd numbers, and I DO need 1 of them for my last project.


All you need to do is cut a slit in the croquet ball for a place to hold a photo.


I used this coping saw to do the job. I generally prefer power tools, but for this project the coping saw (needed a really thin blade) was the way to go and it really wasn't too difficult.


I used this wooden ring for the base so the croquet balls wouldn't roll. I painted it white and used epoxy to adhere it underneath. A button with an indentation would also do the job.



Here's a closer view of the finished croquet ball photo holder. Ta-Dah!
Now if you're keeping track, I still have 1 croquet mallet and 1 croquet ball left -- I have the perfect plan for them. Stay tuned.
Midge
I'm linking this up to Donna's Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

9 comments:

Nancy said...

What a fantastic repurposing job! That's very creative...turned out great! Thanks for the inspiration!

Nancy

gail@myrepurposedlife.net said...

great repurpose! and... so glad you used that coping saw to make the slit!
very cute and colorful! Can't wait to see what's next!
gail

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

midge- these are fabulous!!! what a great idea! would also work well just for little notes, or recipe cards while you cook! you are so smart!

Linda said...

Love this, Midge- I am inspired by the croquet projects!

Riverwood Primitives said...

Awesome! I would love to have one of those!

Tattered Butterfly Studio said...

I love the Croquet balls photo set! So cute!

kanishk said...

That's very creative!
indian classified site

happyreagan77 said...

hey just came across this inspiring blog today! haha! i googled "trash to treasure croquet set" and your blog showed up! :) i just found a croquet set on the side of the road today! who would throw one of those out?!?! there are so many things you can do with it! and now i have discovered even more! thanks for the tips! :) i love your purpose in protecting God's creation by reusing things people have thrown out! :)

croquet set said...

Nice posting of vintage croquet set. Improvised croquet ball and use as a picture handler makes it so cute and useful. It is really true that having a good quality croquet set makes it last for years.