I used three of the four I had left because things look better grouped in odd numbers, and I DO need 1 of them for my last project.
I used this coping saw to do the job. I generally prefer power tools, but for this project the coping saw (needed a really thin blade) was the way to go and it really wasn't too difficult.
I used this wooden ring for the base so the croquet balls wouldn't roll. I painted it white and used epoxy to adhere it underneath. A button with an indentation would also do the job.
Now if you're keeping track, I still have 1 croquet mallet and 1 croquet ball left -- I have the perfect plan for them. Stay tuned.
I'm linking this up to Donna's Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors