Not just repurposing, but BEING repurposed......" if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation: the old has gone, the new has come." ~~ 2 Corinthians 5:17



Saturday, December 26, 2009

Time to put your feet up?

After a very nice Christmas with my family, my mind's already heading towards the new year and what fun junking lies ahead. So I'll be taking down some old things, working on a few new things, and of course enjoying some down time. Afterall, I'm sure that's what Santa and his helpers are doing today...........

So taking my cue from them I made this fun little footstool using a pop crate and one of my favorite Christmas sweaters I could no longer wear.
First I added some little legs to the empty crate by screwing through the inside of crate into some stubby spindles -- and I set it aside.
Then I used four 2x4 scraps to make a rectangle that would fit just inside crate. But first I attached a piece of plywood (so it kinda looked like an upside down crate). I put a small pillow on top of plywood, a little batting, and then the piece from my sweater tacking it down on all four sides.
All I had to do was drop that into the crate (okay, I had to wedge, push, and bang it in -- but there's nothing wrong with a tight fit). A couple screws up from underneath into the wood sections also helps keep it in place.
Time to put your feet up!
Midge

11 comments:

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

What a fun idea--love that you used a Christmas sweater!

Unknown said...

That's darling. I love the crate idea.

Prior said...

Just wanted to stop by from JMS and wish you a Merry Christmas...very cute way to recycle a sweater, plus this is just the right size footstool. Lezlee

Chic Cottage Junk said...

Midge, this is just a perfect little stool and so clever as well. Great idea once again!

Sue

A Pretty Pastime said...

What a great idea! It turned out so nicely.

Katy

red.neck chic said...

Midge - I love it!!! That is so cute!!!

;-) Robelyn

alice said...

Midge,
I love that little stool! Such a clever girl you are! Thanks for all the inspiring posts. Have a wonderful New Year! Looking forward to more of your goodies.
smiles, alice

momentsinaneye said...

Hi, thank you so much for your comment. What great fun you are having with stuff..Love it. What is old is new again. Thanks for letting me visit.

Joanne said...

Very creative! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, it's always nice to hear from a fellow Michigander! Happy New Year to you!

Joanne @ Ready, Set, Craft!

judi said...

midge, love the sweet little stool...recycling is the way to go girl! The red soda crate (love those!) is just perfect for this time of year too.

Funky Junk Interiors said...

What a little cutie pie. :) Thanks for sharing your very cool footstool on SNS! I so need to make one! Now to find the time...