Not just repurposing, but BEING repurposed......" if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation: the old has gone, the new has come." ~~ 2 Corinthians 5:17



Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Call the Doctor, Call the Nurse, Call the Lady with junk in her purse!

Okay, you busted me!  I don't even carry a purse (I need my hands free for scooping up cool junk)!  But I do love junk!  And I always want to know when there's some to be had. And lately I've been finding some cool pieces....

Yep.  It's a tall, skinny pillar-looking vintage wooden cabinet that houses a rolled up stretcher.... 

I believe it was used in an industrial setting in case of an emergency.  I didn't even know such things existed!
But it must be true, the sign wouldn't lie!..... 

And just in case the inevitable happens, don't worry, there's a sign to tell you what to do....  

     I'm afraid it's another case of me falling in love with something I've bought, so now I've just GOT to keep it.  I think by adding some hooks to the side it would make the coolest towel/robe rack for a bathroom.  I don't have a bathroom suited for it, so it looks like I'm going to have to build the guest "powder room" I have tucked secretly away.  It will be the world's smallest bathroom, but I think I can fit this gem in.  
     That project may have to wait just a bit....did you know it's Christmas time?  Well, I DO know, I've just been a little slow getting things done.  I am in process, however, and will be posting on that soon.
Midge  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this is the perfect accessory to build a room around, like a pool (swimming pool) room, or maybe your own ski hill in the yard?
Makes me think of the old limo type ambulances of the 50's. (Not that I am that old, oh no.)
I am sure you will fins the perfect place for it, the type of "junk" one can not pass up.

Rose @ Confessions of a Curbshopaholic said...

Love that thing! And yes, it is a great inspiration piece to build a room around. I know I would. Can't wait to see it done, but Christmas must come first, right?

Vicki@MorePowerfulBeyondMeasure said...

Midge I would just fix that thing right up with hooks and place it by the kitchen door...go to hanging coats and scarves on it immediately! That is one cooooooooooool piece...you have such good junk luck!
By the way, I don't carry a purse either, for the same reason. Vicki

Kim Franklin said...

Oh my goodness, what a cool find! I had actually seen in a magazine a few weeks ago, someome used them for the legs of a tall stool. it was sooo neat!
- Kim
Upcycle On Everyone!
http://www.mrgnomesblog.com/