Not just repurposing, but BEING repurposed......" if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation: the old has gone, the new has come." ~~ 2 Corinthians 5:17



Saturday, February 26, 2011

Are you a junk queen?



A while back, I bought 3 of these turbines...  


Here's the closeup.  They're actually quite large.... 


I took them apart... 


And one of the parts looked like a crown.  Hey, royalty is in right now!  So I went with it.... 


Found these pieces:  a random curtain finial from my stash, 4 big washers, and 4 small metal knobbish things (I think from the insides of a piano)..... 


Attached them with epoxy to make it an official crown... 


Added a board I whitewashed white to provide a surface for display.... 


It could be useful on a buffet table.... 


On the bar.... 


As a centerpiece.... 


Or just use for a fun vignette!... 


What a great way to let the world know you're a Queen! -- A JUNK Queen.

So how about you?  Are YOU a junk queen?

Midge

I'm linking this up to Donna's SNS Linky Party #70 @ Funky Junk Interiors

15 comments:

JunqueMagnet said...

Love this.Love it!I'm so glad you did the crown - I had an inkling from your peek a bit before.So many options.

abby jenkins said...

Perfect for Colin Firth to display his Oscar on!
What a clever repurposing! I could use one of those for a Jazz Fest show I am propping for the Food Network.

Beth said...

Fantastic. How clever and all the options...very versatile.

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Love these, fabulous!

Cassie Bustamante said...

oh i think these are great!!! my friend gail (the kramer angle is her blog) loves crowns- she would die over these!

judi said...

yes ma'm i am!
catching up on your posts...this is an awesome find and love what you did with this "part". can't wait to see what you do with the rest!
judi

Jester said...

Geez you're good!!!! Iwant turbines now too!!

Prior said...

Love this one Midge! I love it best with the dishes, but all are great. I've been so busy with Christmas show and the remodeling around here, I need to get back to creating junk treasures. You always inspire me! Lezlee

Vicki@MorePowerfulBeyondMeasure said...

I am Queen of the Junk Queens...at least in my own little mind...uh world.
Love, love the crown thingy...cute!
So hurry and do something with the others girl! So clever!

Funky Junk Interiors said...

You have got to be kidding me... this is the coolest thing ever! And then you go and make more than one idea with it. You're awesome. :)

I've featured you on SNS #70's sidebar this weekend. Thanks for linking up!

Donna
http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

I didn't realize how big it was until I saw it with the plates on it! How very cool. What a great vision you had with it.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely Love Them!!!

Missy said...

I'm in love with this idea! I especially like the photo with the wine in the crown...yum!

DebraV said...

Not here yet but its happening slowly love the crown

The Pineapple Room said...

WOW! That's awesome! Never in a million years would I have thought to turn it into a crown. Now I have to go thrifting and find one!!! Great Job