Not just repurposing, but BEING repurposed......" if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation: the old has gone, the new has come." ~~ 2 Corinthians 5:17



Saturday, November 8, 2008

Still having fun

Well, this week I finally finished the bench I had been planning to do for some time now. It's the first "big" thing I've finished since being in my new space. It feels good after moving those bed parts here and there from place to place while I relocated. There was just so much other stuff that also moved from place to place. It made the whole moving thing much more difficult and longer than I anticipated. But I hope it was all worth it and I believe it was worth it. My new place has a bathroom and I didn't realize before how much that was needed. So it had to be done if only for that. I'm excited to hold more classes -- I couldn't have done that before.

So I'm back in the saddle again and able to go crazy in my workshop.I've got more ideas than I can keep up with. Too bad I can't say the same thing about customers. The marketing end of all this is way more challenging than I would ever have imagined. But I really believe it will catch on (hopefully sooner than later) otherwise I wouldn't keep hanging in there. Besides, who doesn't love to have fun with junk?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found you blog on the HGTV's Trash 2 Treasure forum. If you are looking for some interesting junk ideas stop over to junkmarketstyle.com website. It's a great place where there are lots of "junkers" with great ideas.

LuAnn, Orion MI

Ki said...

Congratulations on your new space and finishing your bench! I recently moved my workshop and what a relief to get settled in and actually know where my tools are. Your passion for junk will be noticed...word of mouth is still the best form of marketing. Have a wonderful holiday!
Peace,
Ki