Not just repurposing, but BEING repurposed......" if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation: the old has gone, the new has come." ~~ 2 Corinthians 5:17



Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Thank a vet today!




Today is Veteran's Day. It's one of those holidays that never held a lot of meaning for me before. But this year it seems to be on my mind more. Maybe becasue this is the first Veteran's Day that my father -- a WWII vet -- isn't here. I feel a bit of an obligation to carry on the torch. So, consider this post my "salute" to all the veterans out there. Thank you for all you've done.

Apparently, turning trash into treasure isn't a new undertaking. My dad brought this picture frame and stand home from the service to give to my mother. I'm not sure if he made it, a buddy made it, or he bought it, but it's pretty cool. It's made from some sort of bullet casings.

No comments: