Not just repurposing, but BEING repurposed......" if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation: the old has gone, the new has come." ~~ 2 Corinthians 5:17



Friday, May 15, 2009

Anyone for a spot of tea?

Okay, so I'm a little behind on my blogging. I've been a bit preoccupied with my junk and trying to get more things made. And on top of that, our women's group at church (W3--Women Without Walls) held a Garden Tea Party this Thursday night which I was involved helping with. But what a fun, relaxing, girly night it was.


The star of the show, of course, was the tea itself. Three kinds were served -- Egyptian Mint tea, Sapphire Earl Gray, and a cool Raspberry tea. I tried them all, but I'm not really a tea drinker. And I don't think I've ever been to a "real" tea party before, just the kind with fake tea (koolaid) and cookies.



The tables were beautifully dressed for the occasion. And we used some of my 3 tiered dessert stands. Who knew junk could be so beautiful! The top tier held scones (course #1), the middle held chocolate dipped strawberries, mini cream puffs, and petit fours (course #3), and the bottom tier is empty in the photo, but shortly afterly I eagerly took this photo, out came platters of egg salad on rye mini sandwiches, chicken salad croissants, and cucumber sandwiches for the bottom tier (course #2).
Even more important than the food and beverages served was the bringing together of the women young and old who were there.



Mothers and daughters reconnected (Amy and her mother).



Young girls had the opportunity to get dressed up, experience new things, and practice their table manners -- naturally, using their best British accents. These young ladies were guests of my daughter Becky.



I finished my latest project -- a ladder arbor -- just in time to include it in the festivities for photo ops. An array of hats and boas was provided and the ladies certainly used them to their best advantage.

Grandma, mom, and daughters had pictures taken together all gussied up. These 4 cuties
(Sally, Beth, Alyssa, and Brianna) shared a table with me that night.
Anyway, the night was really fun and special. Love-a-ly!
But now I've got some serious blogging to do. Tah tah.
Midge




No comments: