After completing this project, I probably could use a good REST.
But first, the rest of the story from last week's "Off with their Heads" post. Remeber this?
Well, it really started out here....
Oh sure, a $5.00 church pew was a pretty good deal. But did you notice anything funny? .....Yep, it HAD NO SEAT! So I decided to cut it in half.
After that, I had to remove one of the back halves from the side piece. That's where my post came in to play showing how to separate the two by drilling off the heads of the screws.
And eventually I did get the one back piece separated from the side.
I used that half of the back as the new seat and reattached the side piece, giving me a "half" pew.
There was gluing to be done, gaps to fill, screws to cover, and then lots of sanding.
After that I gave it a coat of primer.
I painted it black and painted on the word REST. It can be interpreted more than one way, especially good for a church pew I think.
And now you know....the REST of the story!
Actually, there is just one more thing -- CONGRATULATIONS to Rachel from Somewhere in the Middle!! She is the winner of my spring giveaway!!
I'm linking this up to Gail's "Catch-as-catch-can" Linky party at My Repurposed Life
And I'm linking it up to Donna's "Saturday Nite Special" Linky party at Funky Junk Interiors