Not just repurposing, but BEING repurposed......" if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation: the old has gone, the new has come." ~~ 2 Corinthians 5:17



Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Beware the Deceiver!

Okay, here's a quick and easy installment on another -- Tuesday Tool School!


Behold the humble, lovable, oh so innocent looking tape measure. We've all used one. They're very handy! But Beware the Deceiver! It seems very safe, but.......

because of that we can become nonchalent when we use it. And when we let go of the tape after we've measured something. ZZIINNNGGGGG! That tape can really come sailing back in! And. OOUUCCCCHHHHHH! If your hand is in the way when it does you'll find yourself with a nasty, painful, annoying "paper" cut. So..............Beware the Deceiver!
See ya next Tuesday.
Midge

2 comments:

MaryBeth said...

I have not only cut my hand but one time the end of the tape flew in so fast it sliced my face. Not nice and I still haven't learned not to do it. I always let it fly back at me. I think I will go look at one of those laser tapes just to avoid injury. MB

Mr. Flannery said...

Midge - If you miss the body parts, the tape can recoil with enough force to knock off the end tab when it reachs the case. The tape then rolls up inside never to be seen again.