Not just repurposing, but BEING repurposed......" if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation: the old has gone, the new has come." ~~ 2 Corinthians 5:17



Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A Quickie -- and some diamonds!

Just a quickie post for now because it's been too long since I've posted. And I've been negligent in my blog visiting and commenting. Sorry -- I'm trying to get back on track.

So where have I been? Well, nowhere special. I've just been preoccupied with my sale I had last weekend. It went pretty well, EXCEPT (and here's where the diamonds enter the scene) --

I started the day with the shattering of a giant (3'x7') pane of glass, all over my head and all over the parking lot (don't worry, it was tempered). Sometime after, someone pulled up and shouted out their window "So what are you going to make out of THAT?!" At which we first laughed, and then we both looked at each other with that "you're right!" kinda look. Afterall, it really did look like a pile of sparkling diamonds lying there in the parking lot, and who wouldn't want a junk project made from diamonds?

So the diamonds, I mean thousands of pieces of glass, have been saved and are waiting for their next life. I've got some ideas.....but I'd certainly welcome more.
Midge

8 comments:

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

uh oh! oops! I am glad you're okay!
Don't worry, all of us bloggers have gone through the same thing (not visiting, commenting) We all understand. We'll be here when you're ready to catch up. Glad your show went pretty well.
take care!
gail

Patty B. said...

I saw someone use them in the bottom of a vase of flowers, like you would use clear marbles.

Melissa said...

For me something like a snow globe sounds appealing - not sure why.

Prior said...

Wow! I'm glad you weren't hurt! Glad your show went pretty well.w

I don't have any ideas, but when you come up with something that would be a good one for my Prior Lives Party!

You have to come up with something great, since people are hanging their heads out windows to ask, you have to think of your reputation! lol

Lezlee

That Girl Ang said...

I like the snow globe and vase ideas.....hmmmm.

BTW - THanks for stopping by. ;)

Heather at Happy Chippy Junk said...

Looks like you are having "window issues" too!

Jill said...

How, funny that you were challenged to make something out of it! I'm not sure I have an idea either--maybe glued around a ball for a sparkling Christmas ornament. I'm not sure how even tempered glass would be to work with. Maybe just in a clear glass vintage jar with a fun quote attached to it.

Kathy said...

What you have there is call "crash glass" and it is a popular medium used by some folks in mosaics! It can be tedious working with all those tiny pieces, so they try to use the chunks of shattered saftey glass that are still stuck together. You can use paint, or fabric or paper under the crash glass. Google "crash glass mosaics" for some examples!