Not just repurposing, but BEING repurposed......" if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation: the old has gone, the new has come." ~~ 2 Corinthians 5:17



Friday, March 6, 2009

Blessing #3



This branch teepee was made by the neighbor kids next door. It rests just between our 2 yards and I see it as soon as I pull into our driveway. And it always makes me smile. Every fall for several years they would build one. They would be out there working so hard and taking it so seriously, only to have it fall a few weeks later. Two autumns ago, my whole family was in the car heading out to church when I said, "Hey, look at the neighbors fort!" All of our heads turned just in time to witness the entire collapse of the Fall Fort of '06. Ouch!


This one was built in the fall of '07. Again they worked very hard, a real group effort (6 kids). They made it a good size, and were very proud of their accomplishment, as they should be. And their wonderful fort is still standing -- I took the picture this morning. And check out that beautiful soon-to-be spring sky. HOW AWESOME IS THAT?!

No comments: