Not just repurposing, but BEING repurposed......" if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation: the old has gone, the new has come." ~~ 2 Corinthians 5:17



Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Blessing #5

Well, I've certainly come a long ways from the days when I would attempt to use the computer and end up either crying, screaming, ranting, or all of the above until my kids would come running to bail me out. And though now I use the computer daily with ease, design and maintain websites, e-mail, blog, and will soon twitter, I stop short of calling anything having to do with computers a blessing....with one exception.

I would have to say that Classmates.com, for me, classifies as a blessing. I don't even subscribe to it, but my brother does. And through that, he was contacted by my best friend from my pre-teen/teen years. Our family lived in Muskegon at the time and Suzy and I quickly became the best of friends. We rode the bus or walked to school together every day, we bowled together every Saturday, we camped together most weekends in the summers, and we just generally hung out together. When I moved back to Hudsonville before high school, we managed to continue our friendship through phone calls, letters, and occasional visits. But somewhere in those post high school years we lost touch -- for close to 30 years! And then my brother called to let me know he had heard from her and how I could contact her.

We have been e-mailing back and forth since the beginning of the year and the posts are usually long and detailed -- we've got a lot of catching up to do. She has lived in many different areas of the country since those days and currently lives in Arizona so I don't know when we'll get to visit in person, but I hope someday that will happen. I'm not even sure what she now looks like, we're still working on the picture exchange thing.

What a cool way to start my year! And mine is just one story. I'd imagine there are many more reunion stories from Classmates.com, so I would say they are a blessing not just to me, but to many others. But don't rely on the internet, reconnect today with a long lost friend of your own. You'll be blessed because of it. Peace out!

No comments: